When you want to let go of a stressful thought or feeling, try Hook-Ups.
- Sit or stand
- Cross one ankle over the other
- Cross the same side arm over the other arm
- Turn the hands at the wrist so the palms face each other
- Clap palms together and bring arms intwined under and back up so that the hands are next to your breast bone.
- Put your tongue on the roof of your mouth
- Breathe deeply and allow yourself to feel and let go of the stress
- When you feel a shift in your emotions and thinking, unhook your arms & legs
- Bring your unhooked hands right in front of your belly, just the fingertips
touching the opposite fingertips, for about 8 seconds.
Do you notice a difference in your stress level? You might change to feeling more tired since stress is taxing. You might feel lighter and more energized.